Our Vision for Fairways School
Fairways School provides education for children with social and emotional behavioural difficulties with additional complex needs such as ADHD, ASD, MLD and young people in full time residential care & Foster care. It will ensure that:
- No one is disadvantaged educationally and that education provision is a continuous process.
- They either continue their education in the maintained sector or within our own educational organisation with all of the necessary support and provision required.
- They are encouraged to achieve, whatever their abilities, and are confident in their abilities and those achievements.
- Those pupils with Special Educational Needs (SEN) have those needs met as part of a continuous educational process.
- Those concerned with the education of young people in care constantly strive to deliver high standards in all aspects of education.
- The pupils needs are catered for and that we provide an educational experience in which they can learn without fear or anxiety.
- They receive constant encouragement to, and are able to succeed.
- The requirements of the National Curriculum are taken into consideration as far as possible and that pupils proceed through the examination system appropriate to their abilities and needs.
- All pupils see the celebration of achievement.
Fairways School is a small, independent Special Therapeutic Education Provision (STEP) for boys and girls with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties (SEBD) between the ages of 11 and 18 years.
‘Students, who have previously been excluded from school and experience severely unsettled education, engage in learning and make good progress’